As home prices rise and work-from-home becomes normalized, many homebuyers are turning their eyes away from skyscrapers and towards the suburbs. Take a look at the list below for some of the fastest-growing suburbs in Austin!
Note: All YTD pricing as of June 2021
- Ranked in the top #14 in the US to buy a house and #20 in the US for best public schools
- Easy access to I-35
- Median home price $422,500 (YTD)
- New development, Northline just began construction. Northline will have 115-acres of mixed-use development including apartments, offices, hotel space, retail, and parks
- Highly rated schools
- Median home price $480,000 (YTD)
- Proximity to downtown, Domain, airport, and major employers Samsung and Tesla all 15-20 minutes
- East Village project under development less than 10 minutes from Manor. Will include shopping, dining and retail once complete
- Median home price $328,995 (YTD)
- Located right in between major cities San Antonio and Austin
- Multiple new development projects in the works including industrial facilities, hospitals, and 138-acre multi-use project, Plum Creek
- Median home price $311,758 (YTD)
Affordable housing is becoming scarce in Austin as the median home price continues to increase. If you’re thinking of buying or investing in the Austin area within the next few years, contact me to schedule a free consultation and discuss your options!
I’d love to be your resource for all things real estate, so please reach out any time.
July 12, 2021